Overview of XTBG
Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden (XTBG) of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) is one of the most prestigious tropical botanical gardens in China and a modern and international institution committed to provide a quality learning environment for its students and the community. XTBG offers a broad spectrum of internationally competitive programs in ecology, biodiversity conservation and plant resource utilization and research. It has a vibrant research culture and has gained an excellent reputation for research in ecology and biodiversity conservation. It has an outstanding team of academics from both China and oversea dedicated to advancing knowledge to benefit society and tropical Asian area.
The Excellent Young Scientists Fund (Overseas)
In order to attract overseas outstanding young talents to work in China, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) sets up National Natural Science Fund for Excellent Young Scientists Fund Program (Overseas) since 2021. The fund encourages overseas outstanding young talents (including non-Chinese foreign talents) in science, engineering and relevant fields to choose research direction independently to carry out innovative research.
The Excellent Young Scientists Fund (Overseas) (hereinafter referred to as the “EYSF”) is one of the key programs of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC). We invite qualified young talents to apply for the XTBG-based EYSF, to join us in building XTBG into a core base of innovation for ecology, biodiversity conservation, and plant resource utilization in China and a world-class botanical garden.
Applications should meet the following qualifications:
1. Abide by the laws and regulations of China, have good scientific ethics and spirit of scientists;
2. A doctoral degree; born after January 1, 1982;
3. Research focuses on ecology, resource plant science or conservation biology and relevant fields;
4. Hold a formal teaching or research position at a famous overseas university or a scientific research institution or at the R&D department of a renowned enterprise by April 15, 2022 and should have 3 or more consecutive years of overseas research experience; The requirement of service year overseas can be waived, if you have obtained a doctoral degree overseas with outstanding performance;
5. Stand out among your peers and having the potential to become an academic or technological leader in the discipline;
6. Preferably not hold a full-time job in China; if you are already working in China, you must have returned China after January 1, 2021;
7. After receiving the funding notice, the applicant should resign from overseas jobs or have no jobs abroad, and return home (come to China) to work full time for at least 3 years.
1. Title: principal investigator of a research group; a direct appointment of professor and doctoral supervisor
2. Funding: a research start-up fund up to 5-7 million RMB (offered by the state, CAS, and XTBG).
3. Competitive salary: the annual salary system is possible in the employment tenure.
4. Full laboratory and research facilities, and transitional housing; access to educational resources for children.
5. Some living allowances for purchase residential commercial housing.
6. Exceptionally outstanding talents may pose other requirements and be discussed.
Kindly reminder: the specific qualifications shall be subject to NSFC’s guidelines for this program issued in 2022 (https://www.nsfc.gov.cn/publish/portal0/tab948/info83270.htm).
How to apply
Please send all the required application materials as one PDF document (in both Chinese and English). The Chinese resume shall contain basic personal information, contact details, learning and work experience, and major academic achievements (papers, projects, patents, honors and awards, etc.) Please attach your cover letter with an email title in the format of ‘Applicant name –EYSF application’ to the Personnel Office (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com). After receiving your resume, we will contact you and provide follow-up guidance and help for the application.
Proposals should be submitted via the Internet-based Science Information System by April 7, 2022. Applicants should complete the proposal forms following the online instructions and outlines for the Fund.
After online submission, applicants should print and sign a PDF version of the final application form and submit it in time to NSFC through XTBG along with the supplementary documents by April 15.
Contact person：Mr. LIU Qing
Phone: +86-691-8716663, +8615198424892
Contact person：Mr. WANG Jian
Phone: +86-691-8716935, +8613988169398
|Menglun, Mengla, Yunnan 666303, China. Copyright XTBG 2005-2011 Powered by XTBG Information Center|